Saturday, March 17, 2012

March Madness...


This month I met with my mentor Eric Tomberlin. It seems like it is going to be a great semester.  I am very interested in where our conversations will take us. In critiquing last semesters work, he too stated that the images were dark, muddled, and almost scarey.  He encouraged me to find where my center is and work out from there. He encouraged me to set up images that juxtapose the voyeuristic and confrontational gazes...so interesting.

I am very much looking forward to my next paper where I discuss some of the work of artists that deal with motherhood - both the positive and negative (for lack of a better dichotomy). I hope the following research will better inform my pieces. 

I want to ask provocative questions.  I want to appropriately deal with ambiguity and specificity.  Life is full of details, but we tend to think in ambiguity...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment